Looking for pain relief? A physio can help with back pain, sudden injury, or long-term medical conditions. Find the best Physios near you, use their knowledge and skill to improve your life. Like doctors, physiotherapists are "first contact" practitioners so they do not need a referral from a doctor in order to examine, diagnose and offer treatment.
Need a Physio Near You?
Looking for a Physio Near You? Use their knowledge and skill to improve your life. They can help alleviate a range of conditions. Physiotherapists help with back pain, sudden injury, and long-term medical conditions.
Find a Private Physio Near You
If you want treatment fast, it may be advisable to go to a private physiotherapist first.
Physiotherapists are able to diagnose injuries, muscular or degenerative conditions in the UK. Like doctors, physiotherapists are "first contact" practitioners so they do not need a referral from a doctor in order to examine, diagnose and offer treatment.
Access private Physios on NearYou.best.
What conditions can a Physio treat?
Physios can help a range of conditions and refer cases to doctors where necessary.
- Injuries Treatment or management of an injury will depend upon the specific injury and its severity. In the case of musculoskeletal injuries, physiotherapists can offer "hands on" treatment.
- Sports injuries For sports injuries it will be quicker to see a physiotherapist direct rather than going to a doctor, as a referral to a physiotherapist can sometimes mean having to wait until an appointment is available.
- Degenerate Conditions Osteoarthritis and other degenerative conditions are caused by wear and tear, and usually worsen over time. A Physio can assist in helping alleviate pain and discomfort caused by the condition.
- Ligament Damage Injuries to ligaments can occur through sport activity or falls. The Physio can assess the level of damage and refer serious ruptures or tears for surgery.
- Recovery treatments Physios can assist with hands on recovery from injury or an operation. It can involve massage, stretching and strengthening exercises which re-educate the muscles and joints so that proper mechanics and movements are re-established.
- Back pain and pain relief Physios can help with the use of traction, ultrasound, lazer therapy, heat, and tens.